The Communication Committee provides valuable input to help guide WQA's Marketing & Communications team in its efforts to communicate with members and the general public. The Committee identifies opportunities, topics and resources that can be used to promote the industry and help members become better equipped to meet the needs of their customers.
Based on input from the committee, a new Resource Center was launched on the WQA website, featuring a variety of members-only publications, tool kits and fact sheets. The committee also was involved in identifying key questions for the 2017 WQA Consumer Opinion Survey which was released at the WQA 2017 Convention & Exposition.
Watch the video replay of the Communications Committee meeting at the 2020 Mid-Year Leadership Conference.
Watch here (requires Member log-in).
- Advises staff and third-party public relations firms on topics of relevance to members and their target audiences and how the association can best communicate with its members
- Provides input to help guide strategy behind public outreach campaigns that will be developed by WQA staff for use by members to promote the industry among consumers
- Reviews results of consumer surveys and provides recommendations for how WQA and its member companies can apply the findings
- Helps WQA identify key influencers to leverage in disseminating messages in the social media realm
- Identifies and endorses subject matter experts to serve as spokespersons for WQA with the media
- Serves as ambassadors of the WQA brand and mission
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Governors regarding activities to enhance the image and brand of WQA
- Provides semi-annual reports to the Board of Governors
- Provides guidance on messaging and collateral for disseminating the results of Water Quality Research Foundation studies
What We Are Looking For:
- Professional experience in communications, marketing, media/public relations, advertising or similar areas
- Demonstrated understanding of survey design and data-collection methods
- Familiarity with water treatment industry trade media
- A passion and expertise for online communication tools, email marketing, websites and social media
- A passion for advancing the interests of WQA and the water quality improvement industry
Frequency of Meetings:
- In Person Meetings: WQA Convention & Exposition (Q1), WQA Mid-Year Leadership Conference (Q3)
- Conference Calls: Quarter 2 & 4
Staff Liaison: Membership, Marketing & Communications Director Wes Bleed
The annual Call for Volunteers will open in January 2022.