The Events Committee serves as a communications conduit between event participants and the Association. The Committee provides feedback on the event experience and recommends strategies for continuous improvement to boost value and return on investment for both attendees and exhibitors.
Based on feedback from the Committee, numerous new initiatives were launched during the 2017 WQA Convention and Exposition. A few of these initiatives included: a Young Professionals Event; moving the New Members Luncheon from the last day of the show to the first and making it a breakfast event, which included first time attendees; and committee members acting as ambassadors to our first time attendees and new members.
Watch a video replay of the Events Committee meeting held online during the 2020 Mid-Year Leadership conference after Covid-19 forced the cancellation of the on site event in Lake Tahoe, CA. Watch it here.
- Provides feedback on the event experience
- Serves as a communications conduit between participants and the Association
- Recommends strategies for continuous improvement to boost value and return on investment
- Acts as visible ambassadors to all event attendees
- Provides input on specific activities, practices, policies and procedures related to the Annual Convention and Mid-Year Leadership Conference
- Provides semi-annual reports to the Board of Governors
What We Are Looking For:
- Representation from all membership categories
- Representation from both exhibitors and attendees
- Professionals with a collaborative, creative and analytical mindset who can bring new ideas and solutions to the Committee
- Individuals with an understanding of what it takes to produce meetings and conventions
- Members who have previously attended the WQA Convention & Exposition and Mid-Year Leadership Conference
- Willingness to serve as champions of WQA and its events
Frequency of Meetings:
- In Person Meetings: WQA Convention & Exposition, WQA Mid-Year Leadership Conference
- Conference Call: approximately once every 2 months
Staff Liaison: Meeting Services Manager Stephanie Salvatierra Minor
The annual Call for Volunteers will open in January 2022.