Session B, offered at times convenient for U.S. Pacific/Mountain time zones
Get Water Answers founder Paul Friot teaches this 14-week course, which is the first step toward both the Certified Water Specialist (CWS) and Certified Water Treatment Representative (CWR) titles. Certified Installers looking to take the next step towards the Certified Service Technician title and anyone interested in a deeper knowledge of applying treatment technologies will benefit from this course as well.
Upon completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the characteristics of water sources and potential contaminants they contain
- Explain where to find information about contaminants that may be common in their area
- Explain what to look for at a customer’s site and which questions to ask when investigating potential working water problems and taste/odor complaints
- Explain the behavior and symptoms of working water contaminants such as hardness minerals, iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide, and tannins
- Explain the cause of common taste and odor complaints
- Determine which water test are needed both on-site and by certified laboratories
- Accurately perform appropriate water test on-site and collects water samples for laboratory analyses
- Correctly interpret the results of water tests
- Explain the benefits of certified products
- List the standards to which products may be certified
- Explain the marketing guidelines in the WQA Code of Ethics for the Water Quality Improvement Industry
This is one of two concurrent sessions. If you’re interested in a class with a time slot more convenient for people in the U.S. PT/MT zones, see the Session A event listing.
You can also visit our Instructor-Led Trainings page for more information.