WQA has established a process for handling product-certification-related complaints from customers, consumers or other sources. These complaints typically fall into one of three following categories.
- Allegations that a company that offers WQA-certified products has misused the WQA Gold Seal or Sustainability Mark and/or made misleading claims regarding the performance of certified products.
- Allegations of fraudulent use of the WQA Gold Seal or Sustainability Mark by a company that does not offer WQA-certified products.
- Dissatisfaction with WQA’s processes or quality of service.
All complaints are handled by WQA’s Quality Department. If you would like to file a complaint, please email [email protected]. For appeals, please email [email protected].
When a complaint is received, WQA will acknowledge the complaint in the form of an email to the complainant. Efforts will be made to resolve the complaint in a timely manner and inform the complainant of the outcome of the process. If the complainant finds the decision unsatisfactory, he or she may file an appeal at the email address indicated above for appeals. SCC is the final level of appeals for disputes with WQA regarding conformance to accreditation criteria as it applies to Canadian requirements.
Unapproved Use of the Gold Seal and Sustainability Marks
Unapproved use and misapplication of the Gold Seal and Sustainability trademarks is prohibited. No company or person shall apply or display the marks in connection with a product or represent in any way that the product is certified without written authorization from WQA’s Product Certification staff.
If these guidelines are violated, WQA retains the right to direct the user to cease using the WQA Gold Seal and/or Sustainability Trademark and may sue to enjoin misuse by any user to recover actual and punitive damages. It is the right of WQA to determine whether these guidelines have been violated or whether the Gold Seal and Sustainability Trademark have been misused.
The following companies are currently using the WQA Gold Seal and/or Sustainability Trademark in an unauthorized manner:
- A Better Filter of the U.S. 2020 (Gold Seal)
- Beyond O2 Water of the U.S. 2022 (Gold Seal)
- Clear Genius of the U.S. 2021 (Gold Seal)
- EvoClear of the U.S. 2013 (Gold Seal)
- Fabfill Filters of the U.S. 2021 (Gold Seal)
- GTA Water of Canada 2019 (Gold Seal)
- Home Pro Solutions of the U.S. 2021 (Gold Seal)
- House Spring Technologies Ltd. of the U.S. 2022 (Gold Seal)
- Kadyn Plus of Malaysia 2014 (Gold Seal)
- Kontec of the United Arab Emirates 2013 (Gold Seal)
- Natural Springs Water Filtration of the U.S. 2015 (Gold Seal)
- Ningbo HO Water Purification Technology Inc. of China 2021 (Gold Seal)
- NuWater of the U.S. 2020 (Gold Seal)
- One Purify of the U.S. 2015 (Gold Seal)
- Pristine Solutions International of Canada 2015 (Gold Seal)
- Pro Water Solutions of the U.S. 2022 (Gold Seal)
- Pure Lux H20 of the U.S. 2020 (Gold Seal)
- Pure Pro of Japan 2012 (Gold Seal)
- Simpli Water Sales LLC of the U.S. 2021 (Gold Seal and Sustainability Mark)
- Sinowell of China 2019 (Gold Seal)
- Steripure of the U.S. 2011 (Gold Seal)
- Swift Green Filters of US and Canada 2019 (Gold Seal)
- Tommy Dorsey Water Conditioning of the U.S. 2022 (Gold Seal)
- TruWater of New Zealand 2022 (Gold Seal)
- Velara, Inc. of the U.S. 2013 (Gold Seal)
- Water Pro LLC of the U.S. 2021 (Gold Seal)
If your company is listed above and you would like it to be removed from the violation list, please contact WQA’s Product Certification Department at [email protected] or 630-505-0160.