Making an informed decision when selecting a water treatment system can be difficult. WQA has compiled several questions you might ask your water treatment professional before making a purchase.
- Are you certified by WQA as a Certified Water Specialist, Certified Sales Representative, or Certified Installer?
- Do you have a contractor’s license, business license, and liability insurance (if these things are required in your area)?
- How long have you been in business, and who can I call for a referral?
- Has a third-party organization certified the performance of the products you offer?
- What do my water testing results show?
- How do I know that the test results cover the main contaminants of concern for my home? Could the test be missing something?
- Do these results indicate health hazards in my water?
- Do the water quality issues in my home require whole-house treatment, or will I be okay with a single-tap or other Point-of-Use device?
- Will you provide free follow-up water testing a few months after installation to ensure that the equipment is doing its job?
- Will the device you’re recommending treat enough water to accommodate my family’s needs?
- What is the total purchase price, and how much more can I expect to pay to maintain the system each year?
- Will you be installing and servicing the device? Is that free, and if not, what will it cost?
- Can I maintain the system myself? Will you show me how to do this?
- What type of warranty comes with this product?
- How will I know if the equipment is operating correctly?
- What secondary effects might this water treatment unit have on my water quality? Any byproducts?